HP InfoTech presents a new version of the most popular (more than 12600 registered users) commercial C Compiler for the Atmel AVR microcontrollers.
CodeVisionAVR is the only Integrated Development Environment on the market that features an Automatic Program Generator (CodeWizardAVR) for the new XMEGA devices.
Now with the new LCD Vision Font Editor and Graphic LCD Libraries for the SSD1289 (color TFT LCD), KS0108, SED1335, S1D13700, SED1520, SED1530, SPLC501C, ST7565, T6963C and PCD8544 (Nokia 3310, 5510) controllers.
The compiler is supplied with many examples, including Graphic LCDs, SD/MMC Card FAT, XMEGA ADC, DAC, TWI, 1 Wire, EBI and the ports of Atmel’s Application Notes AVR1300 “Using the XMEGA ADC”, AVR1605 “XMEGA Boot Loader”, AVR270 “USB Mouse”, AVR272 “CDC Demo UART to USB Bridge”, Wiznet W5100 web server.
Here are some key features of “CodeVisionAVR”:
Compiler new features:
– redesigned ANSI C compatible C front-end
– improved code optimizer, 3-4% better code size than V2.05.0 compiler
– the @ operator can now be used with variables located in EEPROM too
– improved and faster linker
– improved COFF object file generator
– improved error/warning reporting
– full support for reduced core chips: ATtiny4, ATtiny5, ATtiny9, ATtiny10, ATtiny20, ATtiny40
– CodeWizard with AVR and XMEGA devices support
– LCD, TWI, 1 Wire, Real Time Clocks (PCF8563, PCF8583, DS1302, DS1307), Temperature Sensors (DS1820, LM75, DS1621) libraries for AVR and XMEGA devices
– XMEGA External Bus Interface (EBI) support
– MMC/SD/SD HC FLASH Memory Card drivers and FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 access libraries for AVR and XMEGA devices, with examples and many
IDE new features:
– fully dockable windows that allow flexible customization of user’s workspace
– redesigned split file pane editor allows viewing/editing two files at the same time
– improved syntax highlighting for both C and AVR assembly
– function parameters and global structure/union members auto complete
– redesigned Code Navigator that displays project information in a more logical way
– new Code Information tab is present after a project build. It displays detailed information about the included header files, preprocessor macro definitions, type definitions, global/static variable declarations, memory allocation and function definitions
– new Functions Call Tree that displays the maximum data stack usage in the program, with details for each function
– improved code folding and bookmarks with the possibility to save/restore
– automatic matching brace highlighting when the user places the cursor before the brace
– automatic file saving at specified time interval and many