Replace Studio Pro is a search and replace utility that allows you to search for (and replace) a string in one or more files the path you specify. The program is oriented towards text files but can search any type of file.
Search/replaces can use regular expressions where searches are based on a pattern rather than literal text. The program can search/replace in ZIP archives. Search and replace operations can be case sensitive or not, they can span multiple files via multiple file masks and filter settings, and they can span multiple lines.
Supplemental functions include search-replace the Windows Clipboard contents, Drag n Drop, a File Operations function, and a File Finder function.
Here are some key features of “Replace Studio Pro”:
– Regular Expression operators include the basic grep-style substring and match operators, along with special replacement operators such as case change operators, file and path name replacements, and counters.
– Search and replace operations can be case sensitive or not, they can span multiple files via multiple file masks and filter settings, and they can span more than one line. The program can search-replace the Windows Clipboard. You can do simple searches in the Search Results list (press F3) and you can also limit follow-up search &/or replace to only those files currently listed in the Search Results list.
– Unicode files are detected automatically for seamless search/replacing.
– UTF-8 encoded files are handled directly if the name extension is .xml.
– Perform replacements that do math operations on strings that consist of numbers.
– The Internal context viewer allows you to edit text files. You can also launch a user configurable external viewer with optional special commands, launch associated programs on “found” files and automatically view binary files using our freeware companion utility, HexView. You can also disable the internal context viewer and use an external viewer/editor.
– HTML Mode permits the program to automatically handle character code transformations for html special characters. For example, find “Search & Replace” even though the raw string is “Search & Replace” in your html document.
– Ignore Whitespace mode allows you to ignore extra space and \r \n \t characters without needing to use a regular expression.
– Drag n Drop files to/from Explorer or other file managers and editors to/from the program main window.
– File operations (copy, move, delete) can be done on files in the search results list.
– Search (replace) subdirectories or not and also limit how far the program will go with subdirectories.